1. What do I believe I deserve in life? Why?
I believe that I deserve loyalty. Loyalty is one of my many characteristics that I feel really out shines the rest. I feel as if I deserve to get back what I give out and I expect nothing but loyal people in my life.
2. What does trust mean to me? How can I learn to trust more?
Trust to me means being able to confide in someone without a doubt in my mind that they will betray me. I can learn to trust more by praying as often as possible. Everything for me begins and ends with prayer, and having faith that my trust will never be broken.
3. There is a quote from Jack Kornfield that says, ” Like a sandcastle, all is temporary. Build it, tend it, enjoy it. And when the time comes, let it go.” What do you need to let go of in your life? How do you think you will feel once you let it go?
I need to let go of negative thoughts and negative energy. I let a lot of people and their perceptions of me overpower how I feel and it results in the change of my mood. I believe that if I let go of the negativity and focus only on what I find to be positive in my life, I will feel invincible.
4. The Dalai Lama once said, ” Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” When was the last time you didn’t get something you wanted, but it worked out for the better?
This question was a bit difficult but I was able to come up with my answer lol. Something that wanted and didn’t get, but worked out better for me was my ex. Have you ever wanted to be with someone so bad, that you were willing to do whatever it took just so you wouldn’t lose them? That was me! I focused so much on trying to please my ex and make him happy that I forgot about my own happiness. I didn’t take the time out to love myself more than the love I was giving him. He cheated on me, lied to me, and hurt me to the core, yet I still wanted nothing more than to be with him. When I learned that he did more harm than good, I snapped out of it. My life became stress-free, my skin started glowing, and my vision became clear. Leaving him alone WORKED OUT FOR THE BETTER SIS!
5. Make a list of 10 things you do to relax. How can you incorporate these things into the week ahead of you?
- Hug my daughters
- Listen to music
- Take naps
- Talk to my friends
- Work on my blog
- Watch movies
- Take a drive
- Sit still
I will try my best to incorporate these things into the week ahead by not thinking and just doing it. My goal for the rest of this year is to be stress-free. I can no longer worry about the things that I cannot control. I’m turning all of my problems and concerns into the hands of God.
6. What is your favorite song? Why do you like it? How does the song make you feel? What do you think about when you listen to it?
I actually have two favorite songs. “Indescribable” by Kierra Sheard and “For Your Glory” by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard. I like these songs because they speak what my heart sometimes find hard to say. Both songs help me feel closer to God and is deeper than I can explain. When I listen to both songs I think about being in the presence of the Lord, changing the way that I live my life and giving myself solely to God.
7. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson If you knew this statement were true, what would you do differently in your life? What if you could do these things every day?
I would mind my own business, focus more on what I want to do as a career, and be more consistent. If I could do these things everyday, my life will definitely turn out to be what it is destined to be.
8. What does love mean to you? How do you show these emotions and actions to yourself?
Love to me means no matter what I go through, no matter how bad I may look or feel, and no matter what I do, I can always count on someone to support and be there for me unconditionally. To be honest, lately I do not feel like I have been showing this kind of love towards myself. I let the opinions of others hinder my thoughts about myself which is something that I need to change. I want to be able to love myself to the point of where I can care less about how people feel about me, how people hurt me and be able to move on from distractions.
9. In what areas of your life do you show a lot of faith? Why does faith come easily to you in these circumstances?
I think that when it comes to my daughter’s and knowing that they will always want for nothing is where I show my faith. Faith comes easily to me in these circumstances because it has been prophesied to me many different times, on many different occasions, by many different people.
10. What would your daily habits look like if you chose to live life with an open heart?
If I chose to live life with an open heart my daily habits would be extremely different. I would be unbothered by others, the weight that I feel on my shoulders everyday would be lighter, and I would be extremely satisfied with everything around me. I would work harder towards living my dreams and start the business that I am meant to be in.